|Dermatological surgery workshop — enrolling now!Are you looking for an opportunity to improve and expand your dermatological surgery techniques?
The Australasian College of Dermatologists (ACD) in collaboration with The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) are pleased to provide a weekend, face-to-face dermatological surgery skills workshop in Coogee Beach, Sydney on 4 – 6 November 2011.
- is available to all general practitioners (GPs), GP registrars and registrars in the ACD training program who have completed an online education activity, Module 4 – Practical procedures in dermatology (the online activity takes approximately 16 – 25 hours to complete)
- will be conducted by the ACD
- accommodates all skill levels
- has been very popular and successful when previously run
- has an enrolment fee
- is part of the Certificate of Primary Care Dermatology comprehensive training course
- has been approved for 30 Category 2 Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program points (2011–2013 triennium)
- includes predisposing and reflection activities to be completed before and after the workshop.
Workshop symposium sessions include:
- biopsy techniques
- electrodessication and curettage
- intralesional steroid injections
- flap repairs (advancement, rotation, transposition and island pedicle)
- skin grafts (split and full thickness)
- closure options by anatomical site.
The workshop includes multiple practical, small groups sessions including performing basic surgery and flap repairs on pigs’ bellies.
Participants can purchase the Practical procedures in dermatology online activity (Module 4) and the Dermatological surgery workshop for $2500 (or they are available individually for $600 and $2100 respectively).
The Australian Government offers rural and remote procedural and emergency medicine GPs financial assistance to access skills maintenance and development activities in their respective disciplines. General practitioner surgeons who attend the Dermatological surgery workshop may be eligible for a support grant of $2000 per day. Please contact the RACGP National Rural Faculty on 1800 636 764 to check your eligibility for these grants prior to enrolling in the course. Further training grant information is also available online.
How to enrol
Download, complete and submit the registration form by 31 August 2011.
For further information email email@example.com or freecall 1800 284 732.
Freecall: 1800 284 789